Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Travel day 3

Well I can definitely say that was not a bad little tour. So far I am really impressed with Lisbon and I am not ready to leave in just a few days. But look on the bright side... We have seven other destinations to cover! Anyways, I really think that everyone enjoyed the tour today and things went really smooth as planned. I really enjoyed the air conditioned coach that we got to take and I have to say that I really liked our tour guide. She had a really good sense of humor and great people skills. The tour actually lasted just a bit over the time since we were the last group of the day which was a plus in my book. Here is just a list of what we covered as we got a brief history lesson at each site.



  • Belem - the historical section of Lisbon
  • Tower of Belem
  • Padrao dos Descobrimentos - a modern monument dedicated to the Portuguese maritime discoveries
  • Mosteiro dos Jeronimos (Monastery of the Jeronimos) - a UNESCO World Heritage site and the greatest example of Manueline art
  • Coach Museum - one of the best coach collections in Europe
  • Wine tasting
  • Walk through Alfama - the oldest and most picturesque area of Lisbon
  • Praca do Comercio - the largest and most beautiful square in Lisbon
  • Bridge of 25 April - Europe's longest suspension bridge

No comments:

Post a Comment